Tuesday, July 7, 2009

MONDAY JULY 6, 2009

The wind was picking up quite a bit at the house! Rain off to the north of us and we can hear thunder in the background. Welcome rain! Flash looked a little anxious as I approached his pen to get him. I just took it slow with no sudden moves. I thought the gate was going to blow out of my hands, so I tied it back and just talked to him while I waited for the gusts to die down. Okay, now we're ready! Oh and this time I brought an extra lead rope so we wouldn't have the "over the back" issue to deal with! lol We walked into the round pen (I thought he would have been more resistant with the weather coming) and did our leads and stops and this time the steps he took towards me were almost without hesitation! I cut our time short and gave him the grain beside me. This time he was more willing to come close in a short time frame! He ate until my husband and daughter came in the pasture the round pen sits in! His focus quickly switched....but I worked on making him focus back on me and he did well...still keeping one eyeball on them! lol Looked like the weather was fast approaching and I sure didn't want to be caught ending our session on a bad note, so we went ahead and got him back to his pen. By the way, the rain never made it over the bayou to our house! Invisible curtain I suppose!

No comments: