Monday, July 13, 2009

Here's the update, worked with Flash Friday, Sat and Sun. Each day he got progressively closer, he still has a tendency to "flight" when uncomfortable or startled. He recovers nicely though, so I know we can work through that. Sunday he was standing so close to me when I was leading him and did our "whoa" that he was breathing on my shoulder and arm! Now that's progress!! Of course I decided to give my photographer girls the weekend off! :( so no pictures to show it, but hopefully he'll continue and I'll get a couple. Oh and we also had a lot of "busy" going on outside the round pen when he did this! A very young stud colt was pulled from his mother for weaning and of course the pasture he was sent to was the one with the round pen in it! So he spent the whole afternoon running, whinnying and being chased by the other horses already in that pasture! What a hoopla! But Flash managed to "keep it all together"!

No comments: