Thursday, August 14, 2008

Wednesday July 2, 2008

Today he’s really antsy and nervous about going into the round pen but goes. He can’t settle down because there are other grown horses that he has never seen before in the pasture that the round pen sits in. The horses came up and sniffed him and he tried to bite them. I tried to run him around the pen but he was way too nervous with all of the outside stimulus and could only focus on trying to get out of the round pen. I spent one hour trying to get his attention and then finally just reached his lead rope with the stick and clipped the other one to it and led him a little, he was wanting to run because the grown horses were running across the pasture, so I unlatched him and let him go back into the pen. I was concerned I would get run over by him trying to escape the other horses

No comments: