Monday, August 31, 2009

TOOLS OF THE TRADE (so to speak!)

Out of the cast....yeah! Worked with Flash Saturday. We are working on him letting me get on his sides. He likes to "keep an eye(s)" on me and doesn't care for me to get on his sides (either one). So I used our buggy whip (rod about 4 ft long with equally as long whip). I was able to start between his eyes go up to the pole and then drop down to the jaw and progress on back to the neck and withers. This is really great for him! All of this was while I held his lead rope so yesterday I was able to reach him with the buggy whip and NOT holding his lead rope. We are making the smallest of baby steps, but once he decides he doesn't have to flight, we'll be there! On a scale of 1-10 for a horse having flight instincts, Flash has a 12! He's been "over blessed"! You've just gotta love him!

No comments: