Thursday, January 29, 2009

WINTER

I know I haven't posted in a while, but things are pretty much at a standstill in the winter. No daylight to work in and weekends packed with things that have to be done! The usual plight everyone faces......Apache is blended in with the herd really well (and so is Sadie Mae). He enjoys when I pick clover for them all and he pushes right up to get "his" share. When the weather warms up, I'll pull him out to begin working on all the other things he needs, desensitizing to scary monsters, listening to my direction, and just general training. He probably won't be big enough to ride until next year, but we should have all the basics down by then! He is such a sweet horse and I know he'll make a great companion. I think I'd like to train him for children to ride him. I have so many mustangs, I hardly have time to ride the ones we can ride! I'll try to get some pictures to post in the next few days.

No comments: